On the last episode of The Pursuit of Relevance, we talked about breaking away from ecommerce marketplaces (like Amazon, Etsy, Ebay) to sell on your own website.
But is that the right answer for everyone?
There are so many choices on what to sell and where. Today, we’re diving in to the pro’s and con’s of selling on your own website vs marketplaces.
- How to offset the lost brand recognition marketplaces provide when you sell on your own site
- How to make sure your that your marketing costs doesn’t exceed your profits
- What you should do if your product mix doesn’t translate well into repeat business
- How to evaluate all the ecommerce platforms out there.
- Inbound Ecommerce
- How To Choose A Profitable eCommerce Business Idea
- What To Sell On Amazon: 11 Simple Ways To Find Products That Sell
- Amazon vs Shopify
Takeaways and Tweetables
How to evaluate all the ecommerce platforms out there?
The weird answer I always give is: if you’re not building the website yourself and using a developer, use whatever they are comfortable with. If you have a developer that you have a good relationship with, that is rarer thing to accomplish than finding an ecommerce platform that exactly meets your needs. – Sam (16:00)