Hi, there! Thanks for your interest in contributing to the Ecommerce CEO blog. We’re always looking for original ecommerce content that’s rigorously-researched and above all, highly-actionable. If that’s of interest to you, keep reading.
Our goal at Ecommerce CEO is to help entrepreneurs and brands succeed and grow through the use of practical ecommerce business and marketing advice.
We accept original guest post submissions that are a good fit for our audience and have not been published elsewhere.
Who Can Submit A Guest Post
Are you a subject-matter expert with a track record of creating awesome content in the ecommerce space? Would you like to share your tips and insights with 250K+ monthly readers?
We accept high-quality, expert-written contributions from:
- Ecommerce consultants, marketers
- Ecommerce software companies or service providers
- Store owners or Amazon sellers
We DO NOT accept contributions from:
- General writers without intimate knowledge of the ecommerce space
- SEO agencies looking to build links for clients
- Random Gmail folks. Go away, email@example.com!
The most important thing is that you can write and have experience helping ecommerce businesses grow.
Why Write For Ecommerce CEO?
Whether you’re an up-and-coming writer or a seasoned professional, there are many reasons to write for Ecommerce CEO. In exchange for providing our readers with Amazing content, you’ll be able to get:
- Exposure: We get between 200-300K visitors per month and have an email list of 20K+, you’ll be able to get in front of our audience.
- Brand awareness: Our content is often featured in leading marketing newsletters like BigCommerce, Entrepreneur.com, Adweek, Forbes, etc. Publish something great and we will help promote it.
- Traffic: You’re allowed one do-follow link back to your site in your author profile in the footer of the post. (Though please don’t submit a post for the sake of a backlink. If you do, we’ll know).
At Ecommerce CEO, we cover a wide range of ecommerce topics. We don’t publish opinion pieces. While we love original ideas from contributors, we like to stick to these informational topics:
- Ecommerce Business Management
- Growth Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Marketing Automation
- Content Marketing & Branding
- Facebook and Instagram
- Influencer Marketing
- Product Sourcing, Logistics and Fulfillment
- Ecommerce Tools and Software
- Buying Behaviour
- Customer Loyalty
As long as the topic is specific to ecommerce, and people are searching for it – we’re interested in it.
Please no generic articles on digital marketing. Pitch specific ideas.
Types Of Content
We like to mix up the type of content we publish to keep readers engaged.
- Case Studies (example)
- Step-By-Step Tutorials (example)
- Tool/Software Roundups (example)
- List Posts (example)
- Guides and Templates (example)
- How-To/Beginner Guides (example)
- Data-Driven Articles (example)
Guest Post Guidelines
If you only read one section of this page, make it this one. In order to make life easier, both for ourselves and for you, our potential guest author, we have several guidelines we need you to follow.
- 1,500+ words submitted in an editable Google Doc* (in American English, please.)
- Your post needs to cover its topic in full with no missing details.
- Has to have a target keyword focus (we’ll help with this and provide a brief to guide content creation.)
- Include images with sources (we love videos too!)
- Include examples (lots of them)
- Images and videos must be placed in the draft. Please do not send separately.
- Fun and engaging tone.
- Be well organized (h2s, h3s, etc) and formatted with bullets.
- Include an author name, bio, and headshot (we do not publish with company names!)
*Final word count will be based on the average of the top 10 results in Google. Document must be shared with permissions so that anyone with the link can access the content.
Make sure we haven’t already covered your topic before. If you can’t check to see if we’ve covered a topic before, we’ll assume you can’t research and write a good post.
If your post was written before you pitched us, we will not publish it. If you need an extension, let us know at least a day or two ahead of time. We’ll work something out.
We want new content written just for our audience. We don’t accept syndicated articles.
If we accept your idea and you blow your deadline, your post won’t be published.
Please do not submit a guest post for the sole purpose of getting a backlink. All links from external resources must be cited. If you include statistics or material sourced from a site other than your own OR your own site, it must be linked to the original content
- No commercial links. If you want to promote a product contact us for a sponsored post.
- Link naturally to educational content.
- Links will be highly scrutinized and possibly removed.
Ecommerce CEO’s editorial team reserves the right to make final edits, which may include removing promotional content, removing competing links, or rewording copy.
Process / Timeline
Due to the amount of volume of completely spammy pitches, we only reply to pitches we approve. If you don’t hear back from us within 2 weeks that means we didn’t like your pitch. Please don’t send us an email follow up with the same idea. The form is the only way to submit your guest post idea.
- Pitch yourself, your topic and a brief outline.
- If we like your outline, we will ask for a contribution
- Our commitment to you
- We will work with you to refine your topic and outline.
- You submit a draft in Google docs formatted with images.
- We review the draft and edit it to meet our editorial standards and send it back within 14 days.
- Once approved we will do our best to get it live within 30 days.
- Once published, we’ll provide the live post link so you can share it with your audience.