If you’re looking for a printing company to work with under the print-on-demand business model, consider Gooten.
It’s not as well known as the major industry brands, but in this Gooten review, we’ll show you why it’s still worth considering for your business. We’ll cover everything from products and pricing to printing technologies, features, and customer service. We’ll even give you some alternatives to review, in case Gooten isn’t what you want to use.
What is Gooten?
Gooten print on demand company. When you partner with them, you’ll be in charge of creating your own store and designing and marketing your products.
Gooten’s product catalog has plenty of options. You can personalize:
- Clothing: T-shirts, long sleeve shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies, tank tops, kids’ clothing, legwear
- Accessories: Tote bags, yoga mats, puzzles, phone cases, luggage tags, mouse pads, watch bands, car seat covers, acrylic blocks
- Home and Lifestyle: Blankets, yard flags, woven placemats, and blankets, rugs, beach towels, tea towels, dish towels, compact mirror, accessory pouches, cosmetic bags, tablecloths, table runners, magnets, coasters, glass cutting boards, and more.
- Wall Art: Canvas, posters and prints, wall clings, framed posters and prints, and acrylic prints
- Stationery: Greeting cards, business cards, stickers, wall calendars, and notebooks
- Baby: Sherpa blankets, swaddle blankets, bodysuits, nursing covers, headbands, hooded towels, crib sheets, bibs, burp cloths, changing pad covers, and beanies.
- Pets: Bandanas, leashes, collars, bowls, placemats, and dog beds
- Mugs and Drinkware: Tumblers, pint glasses, stemless wine tumblers, beer steins, and can coolers
- Holidays: Ornaments, metal ornaments, tree skirts, stockings
Gooten offers many high-quality products you won’t find with other suppliers. They use a network of printing facilities all over the world, known as the Gooten Network, to fulfill orders.
Gooten primarily uses direct-to-garment (DTG) printing. It’s a type of digital printing that sprays ink into the fabric. Since it dries into the garment, the final image is clear, vibrant, and durable. Your t-shirt can withstand plenty of laundering.
Other printing technologies Gooten uses include:
- Dye Sublimation: This method uses special paper and heat to transfer an image to clothing, drinkware, and other products.
- Digital Printing: This is similar to DTG, but used on paper products like posters.
- Woven Technique: Only a couple of products use this technique – placemats and a woven cotton blanket. It’s a textile production technique, more than a printing technology.
- Cut and Sew: The cut and sew approach is another textile production technique that Gooten uses for a few products in the catalog.
You do not pay any monthly fees to use Gooten. Instead, you only pay the base price on products that people order. You set the sales price, so you’re in control over your profit margin.
You can expect to pay anywhere from $8 to $12 for each item of clothing in your store. Non-apparel items range from $2 for a simple round pin button to $327 for the largest acrylic wall art.
Gooten’s price for each product is easy to find within the dashboard. You don’t have to worry about shipping costs, because you can pass these onto the customer. Gooten informs customers of their shipping rates for standard shipping so that you can offer a free shipping promotion to your customers if you so choose.
Shipping carriers include FedEx, DHL, and USPS. Certain shipping methods may or may not be made available to your customers, depending on the product and vendor.
Gooten has many of the same features as other POD companies. It includes design tools and a mockup generator so that you can see what products look like. These images also help you sell products.
Every product comes with information from the manufacturer regarding size and fit. It also features a template that you can download and use when designing.
If you need a designer to help you come up with the graphics and images, you’ll display on your products, you’ll need to hire your own. Gooten does not provide any kind of design services.
You can upload your completed design to the dashboard and choose which Gooten products you want to apply it to.
When it comes to using the Gooten dashboard, there’s a learning curve. That said, once you get used to using it.
Gooten has native integration with a few of the most popular ecommerce platforms including BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Shopify.
Ecommerce Platform Integrations
Each channel comes with its own integration guide to help you. With Shopify for instance, you add the Gooten app to your site from the Shopify app store. Whenever you want to add a new product to your store, you create it with Gooten and then push it live in your Shopify store.
If you use another platform, you can work with a developer and the Gooten API to connect them.
Though there aren’t as many marketplace integrations, Gooten works seamlessly with Etsy. If you need any other integrations, you can hire a developer to work with the Gooten API.
Gooten offers customer support for its sellers, like the other platforms. One critical difference is that Gooten provides white-label customer service for your customers. With other POD services, you’re on your own. Your customers never know you used a third party for order fulfillment.
Not 100% convinced Gooten is the best printing partner for your ecommerce business? Look at these other options.
Printful is one of the biggest names in the print-on-demand industry. They not only offer a large catalog of products to choose from. They also offer branding, design, and warehousing services. If you’re looking to start a clothing line and want to scale up so that you have inventory on hand, then Printful can handle it for you.
Like Gooten, Printify uses a network of printing facilities all over the world. This helps improve delivery time since orders can be routed to providers closest to the end customer’s location. However, it can lead to some issues with the print quality and consistency.
Gelato is another POD company similar to Gooten. Though there aren’t as many products in the catalog, Gelato also gives you the option to sell products from your own store. Linking your store to the platform automates the entire order process. Your credit card stays on file to process the orders – and you keep the profit.
Leave Your Review
Have you used Gooten before? Share your experience with them below. Our readers appreciate the insight from reviews from people like you.