This review is sponsored by ProTexting.
In business, marketing can make or break you. If you’re looking for a way to reach your customers offline, then SMS marketing, or text message marketing, could be the answer.
In our ProTexting reviews, we look at what ProTexting offers, including features, pricing, and more, so you can decide if they are the mobile marketing platform you want to use.
ProTexting is a popular SMS marketing platform that makes it easy for brands to keep in touch with their customers via text messages. Research shows that 90% of customers prefer text messages over phone calls and by 2025 global smartphone users will have reached 77% of population! Text messaging is a popular form of communication – and consumers don’t mind interacting with businesses there.
If your business wants to expand into different marketing channels, text messaging may be the diamond in the rough you’ve been looking for. Having the right platform to support your mobile messaging initiative is crucial.
ProTexting is a comprehensive text message marketing platform that runs from the cloud, so there’s no software to install or maintain yourself. Using text, marketers get 98% open rates and 40% higher response rates than email marketing.
ProTexting offers a variety of apps to help you achieve your marketing goals, including apps to help you grow your subscribers and run campaigns. Many apps are free, though some are available for an additional monthly fee.
Free apps include:
- Group Texting
- Mobile Keywords
- Web Sign Up Tools
- URL Shortener
- SMS Autoresponders
- 2-Way Messaging
- SMS Birthday Wishes
Paid apps and widgets include:
- Text Feedback
- Mobile Surveys/Voting
- Email Capture
- Twitter Handle Capture
- Customer Loyalty Rewards Program
- SMS Text to Win Sweepstakes
All plans include:
- Free unlimited sign-ups
- Free unlimited incoming messages
- Secured data with data backups
- The freedom to change your keywords at any time
- Unlimited groups to keep your contacts organized
- Unlimited email and phone support
ProTexting has integrations for many tools, including:
The Shopify integration is available in the Shopify App Store. Installing the app ensures you can access the ProTexting dashboard within your Shopify account. Using the Shopify integration, you can:
- Send order status updates to customers
- Send out coupon codes
- Share news about new products and promotions
- Run interactive mobile marketing campaigns
- Send drip campaigns – a series of messages at pre-determined intervals.
With the Amazon integration, Amazon sellers can:
- Ask customers to text in a keyword when they receive their orders.
- Request customer reviews
- Get customer feedback
- Streamline your shipping process with the integrated shipping module
There are seven plans to choose from, plus the option to customize a plan to meet your needs.
Each plan comes with a discount for pre-paying annually. You must contact the company for information about their annual package deals.
There are no contracts or setup fees.
For $49/month, you’ll get:
- Instant access to a text code
- Free incoming messages
- Support for MMS marketing (multi-media text messaging)
- 1,000 SMS credits
- One keyword
A keyword is a “single word or phrase that contains letters or numbers.” The keyword interacts with the shortcode to allow participants to opt-in to your program.
For example, if you have a text to win promotion, where you ask people to text “WIN” to 63522, WIN is your keyword, and 63522 is the shortcode.
For $79/month, you’ll get everything from above, plus:
- 700 additional credits, for a total of 1,700 credits a month
- Another keyword, for a total of 2 keywords.
This is the most popular plan for small and medium-sized businesses.
The Standard Plan, for $149/month, includes the basic features, plus a total of:
- 3,300 credits
- Four keywords
The Business plan, for $299/month, includes the basic features, plus a total of:
- 6,700 credits
- Six keywords
The Corporate Plan, for $499/month, includes the basic features, plus a total of:
- 11,000 credits
- Eight keywords
The Corporate Plus plan, for $899/month, includes the basic features, plus a total of:
- 20,000 credits
- 10 keywords
The Corporate Extra plan, for $1,199/month, includes the basic features, plus a total of:
- 27,000 credits
- 15 keywords
If you need help managing and executing your interactive SMS messaging campaigns, ProTexting offers these services.
Pros and Cons
- ProTexting works with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular. It works with other brands (Metro by T-Mobile, Mint, Straight Talk, etc.) that use the main four networks to provide service.
- International service is also available in 200+ countries. Some countries allow for virtual numbers and two-way messaging.
- Supports 10 digit long code (10DLC) – a number that only your brand can use – that delivers a more personal experience. Customers get a free 10DLC.
- Some apps cost more money, which could quickly inflate your monthly bill.
- The Shopify plans are different from the plans offered on the main website.
If you need help with your service or have questions before signing up, you can contact the ProTexting customer support team via live chat, email, or telephone.
Is ProTexting the Right Choice for Your Ecommerce Store?
If you’re looking for an SMS marketing service to connect with your customers, then this could be the solution you’re looking for. It’s a user-friendly platform, and there’s no software to install. It’s a wonderful option for Shopify store owners and Amazon sellers since integrations exist. People who use other ecommerce platforms may be able to take advantage of Zapier to integrate.
Leave Your ProTexting Reviews
Have you used this service in the past? Are you a current user? How has it helped you keep in touch with customers? We’d love for you to share your thoughts to help our readers.